Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age to rent a boat?
• The minimum age to rent a vessel from Lil Johns Watersports is 25 years of age. The renter must have a valid driver’s license and credit card. Any person born on or after January 1, 1988, must have a Florida Boating Safety Education ID Card and photographic ID to operate our pontoon boats. Click here to see specific requirements regarding the Boating Safety Education ID Card.
Do I need boating experience to operate the boat I am renting?
• Not at all. Our boats are safe and easy to operate. We are required to give you a safety training checklist to read before you leave the dock. We are there to answer any questions you might have about the checklist.
How do I reserve a boat?
• All you need to do is call 1-855-LIL-JOHN (1-855-545-5646).
How many people do your boats hold?
• Our pontoon boats will hold up to 12 people.
Is gas included in your boat rental price?
• Yes, gas is included.
Who has to wear a life jacket while on the boat?
• All children under 8 years old are required to have a life jacket on at all times. The USCG recommends that all persons on the boat wear life jackets at all times. We provide life jackets in all sizes.
Can we fish on the pontoon boats?
• We do not allow fishing or fishing gear on the pontoon boats.
Are pets allowed on the rental boats?
• Yes, we allow pets for a $25 pet fee.
Where are we allowed to take the boat when we rent it?
• Our boundaries are limited to the Hwy 59 bridge/Lulu’s(West), Pensacola Beach Bridge(East), Three-Mile Bridge(East), Pensacola Pass(South), Perdido Pass(South). We do not allow our fleet of boats to go into the Gulf of Mexico. This is a large area to cover with the rental boat and we provide a map of the area upon arrival.